Vanilla cupcakes recipe (Yoya´s treats with a few changes)
- 115 ml corn/sunflower oil (or its equivalent of unsalted butter)
- 225 gr caster sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 275 gr of wheat flour
- 120 ml of milk (semi-skimmed)
- 1 and a half tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract (I used Nielsen-Massey just arrived from Glasgow; this ocassion deserve it as it was my daughter’s best friend birthday and she loves vanilla hahaha )
And now let’s go for the recipe:
- First of all you mix up the sugar and the eggs using a low speed. Recall to add the eggs one by one shaking all the time until you have a consistent paste.
- The next set is to add the oil, have in mind that in case you use butter instead the first step would be to mix up the butter with the sugar and then the eggs.
- In the meantime we gave sieved the flour and baking powder.
- On a separate bowl we mix up the milk and the vanilla powder.
- We start adding half of the solid paste (flour and baking powder) to the liquid paste (milk and vanilla extract) and when we see that everything well mixed we mix the rest until it is completed.
- We shake it all together while we pre-heat the oven, setting it to 180 ºC.
- We stuff then the cupcake cases depending on your own criteria but I recommend to do it approximately 2/3rds of them as for being manipulated later on you need to get them as flat as possible.
- We then put them into the oven for 18/20 minutes. This is just a reference because depends very much on each oven reason why I suggest that as from the 17th minute you could have a look and check with a skewer if already well baked (the skewer should be taken out clean for this) . As you go along you will know exactly the time you need without further checkings.
- We left them resting in the own cupcake pan for five minutes.
- Once this time has elapsed we take them out and put them in the wire rack where they will cool down.
- Thus we have the cupcakes ready to be decorated, stuffed or whatever testing we have in mind.
- The vanilla proportion we might change it based on how we like it, meaning that we can add more or less than stated here.
- If you do not have a siever do not worry too much. Just use a standard strainer. The outcome is very close.