Not too many days ago my brothers and sisters and parents were having dinner together in a bar, having some tapas, amongst other reasons to welcome and to be with my brother living in UK that had come to spend a weekend in Madrid. While we were talking about many different things my youngest sister popped up and asked, while staring at my parents, how do you make it possible ? What is the secret you have for, after 50 years, still be in love as the first day ? It is indeed amazing to see them together.
I think that frankly speaking it is indeed difficult to keep in love for so many years, not beceause it is not feasible but rather because you should overcome the different evolution processes both can have or the direction you might take, without losing mutual respect, friendship and love.
In the type of society we live nowadays it is so complicated to find this sort of relationships; we have become too skeptical or they have convinced us that this is just something that exist in the fairy tales or middleages stories.
I have lived quite closely what a mis-interpreted love can do with a person, up to a point that such person is totally distorted and she can hardly self-recognized. But at the same time I have also seen how that person have recovered the light again in her sight and how come someone worthy with dedication, patience, tenderness and real love has recomposed all the pieces and gradually fixed them, in a way that not even herself would have ever imagined. In my book this is real love.
When I see my eldest daughter, recently in love, with tons of illusion and so many dreams still to be achieved or that sensation of being unbeatable together with your partner I must admit that I also look at her and smile, as also in these ocassions I can recognize Love.
I am already 23 years together with my husband and I can assure you that in has been in the good and the bad, in the health and the illnesses, in the poverty and the wealth…He has given me the three things I love best: my three daughters; he has made me smile like nobody else and also cry but there he is, standing me and all my bad moments, has looked after me and my daughters when I have not been able to and above all, he is still able to make me fall in love again.
I think this is the key point, while your partner could be able to surprise you and keep you in love with a gesture, a sentence, a poem or a caress in the proper moment…he will always have you.
This recipe was my anniversary gift to Albert and despite it is dedicated to him I also would like to share it with believers and non-believers of Love, with capital letters. If you really look at the world with your heart and you still have a bit of hope you will surely be able to find it around, in any of its ways or manners or shapes and not only how it appears in any of the standard american romantic comedies films 🙂
And now let’s go with the recipe: I asked Albert to choose two ingredients and he selected lemon and raspberries, naming thus the recipe.
LEMON AND RASPBERRY MERINGUE CUPCAKES:
First we focus on the lemon cupcakes preparation:
- 115 ml of oil, corn preferably or its equivalent in butter
- 220 gr of white sugar
- 2 eggs L type
- 220 gr of flour
- 1 natural yoghourt
- 1 and a half tsp of baking powder
- lemon Curd
- fresh raspberries
- You mix up the sugar and the eggs (low speed). The eggs are added one by one until everything is very well tied.
- Later on we add the oil. Recall that in case we use butter firstly we should mix up the butter and the sugar and the eggs later on.
- We add the yoghourt
- In the meantime we sieve the flour and the baking powder.
- We add the flour and the baking powder in three different rounds until well suited.
- The oven should have been pre-heated at 180 C.
- We stuff the molds as you like it but always keeping a flat shape. My personal advise: around 2/3.
- In the centre of the mass of every cupcake we add a tsp of lemon curd and a whole fresh raspberry.
- We leave it in the oven for about 20 minutes
- We leave it resting once withdrawn from the oven for 5 minutes
- Once this time has elapsed we put the cupcakes on the cooling grating
- 3 whites of egg (I bought pasteurized ones having in mind that warm weather is coming….)
- 1/2 tsp of tartar cream
- 140 gr of Icing Sugar
- 4 tbsp of raspberry jam previously sieved
- A bit of dye (in my case I have used Claret de Sugar Flair)
We are going to use the KA with the dipsticks, not with the shovel
- We beat it at 1 speed setting in order to mix up the whites properly, the tartar cream and the icing sugar (previously sieved)
- Once everything suited we put all together in the KA bowl under water bath until the `grain touch`is lost and has rather a syrup texture.
- Once we reach this point we cool down the bowl and we put it again in the KA, adding the rest of ingredients, i.e. the raspberry jam and the dye,
- We beat at 6/8 speed until we achieve the desired texture, around 5 minutes.
- In order to check if we have the right consistency we pick up just a bit with a tea spoon and we put it upside down. If it does not fell and it is attached to the sppon it is finished, Otherwise we will contune beating it until can pass the decribed test.
- The cupcakes in this case have been stuffed with a small amount of syrup.
- We stuff the meringue in a piping bag (with a round nozzle) and we decorate the cupcakes with dwarfs’ caps.
- We stuff them into the fridge enable them to keep the consistency.
- 250 gr of chocolate (for melting)
- 2 tbsp of corn or sunflower oil
- We heat the chocolate using the water bath techique
- We take the cupcakes out of the fridge and we bathe them one by one. It has to be very fast, through a rapid move in order to avoid that the frosting could be spoilt, but do it carefully unless you wish to stain the whole kitchen…
- You can stuff it in the fridge and will turn solid very quickly.
This is it ! I hope you indeed like it and sooner than later prepare it yourselves.
A big kiss to all of you 😉