My name is Esther, I am 44 years old and I have three daughters, Iciar (20), Marta (18) and Aitana (14). We live all together in Madrid.
I have always enjoyed cooking, above all baking, most likely because I link it with some great familiar moments such as those experienced when we came to Madrid for Christmas to visit my grandparents and everything was made manually, without Thermomix or KA, tasting some of the best pastries I have ever seen, including some pieces of flour that we stole and ate while hiding from the adults, while thinking they did not realize it…Or those pleasant moments in which I prepared jointly with my daughters Christmas typical pastries while listening to music loudly or singing who-knows-what, having in mind my inability to learn lyrics of songs while my daughters were making jokes about it all the time.
The cupcake world has been a sort of salvation for me…You might think I have driven crazy…Let’s elaborate this a little more…
We have a Japanese friend in Wigan (close to Manchester adn Liverpool) that during a vist she brought a special tray to stuff cupcakes, scones and sándwiches for an afternoon tea. I have always being very much Scottish-fan and therefore since that very moment something activated that part that until then had been asleep. A very good and charming friend living in Glasgow, Eileen, acted as my personal shopper and started to show me the cupcake world. And since then I am completely fascinated with it. This world has been for me like a sweet alternative to the standards of stress, work load and dedication that we have these days.
On top I have met very nice people with whom I have shared these lonely moments in the kitchen because only people as freaky as you with this can live it with the enthusiasm that means to receive the vanilla you were waiting for a week (isn’t it Ana, Celia ?) or live the arrival of the Kitchen Aid as a familiar event (I will not compare it to give birth but close…) or what you feel when you have baked 30 cupcakes and have already placed them in a cute box and suddenly falls down…These smiles or sorrow or drops or illusions are the things that I would like to share with you. Illusion is precisely what I am not lacking now.
I would also like to talk about other things about me on top my cupcake mania….
- I am from the South. I was born in Madrid but I grew up in Algeciras and therefore I feel totally gaditana (from Cadiz), despite the fact that I have already lived longer in Madrid. The only place where I re-activate is in any of the beaches that there are along Cadiz coast, having sun-bath and eating fried fish
- I adore my family, something that I believe it is worthwhile to fight, cry and laugh for it.
- I belong to a long family with five brothers and sisters. All very different and at the same time similar in the basic and fundamental things.. We owe this to my parents, how we are and what we are.
- I am a Tablet maniac…Not necessarily Ipads. I have too much in other formats to start now converting everything to Apple compatible…🙂
- I am a great reader of almost everything that falls into my hands…Since I started with my cupcakes mania I have certainly decreased in the number of hours dedicated to non-cupcakes related readings…But a couple of books per month still are read despite all this.
- I love travelling and I tried to get as much as I can from them irrespectively whether they are prívate or business. I love to try to know local culture.
- I am epileptical and doctors drive crazy with me, testing all the new medicines and trying to avoid crisis…We are on it🙂
- I would like days could have 48 hours, as certainly I am lacking the time to do what my mind is constantly designing…
This is it !. I trust you would not have got too bored with this..